How can I get a smart meter?
All smart meters are supplied and fitted by your existing gas and electricity supplier. There are four easy steps to getting yours. First, tell us if you are thinking of getting one for:
1. Ask their energy supplier on their behalf
The energy supplier of the person you are helping is responsible for providing and fitting their smart meter. You can contact them directly to register the person’s interest but you will need to have the account holder present when you make the call.
2. Fix a time and day
You can also arrange a time with the energy supplier to fit a smart meter but, again, you must have the account holder with you when you talk to them.
3. The supplier visits to fit the meter
A trained installer from the person’s energy supplier will call round to their home and fit their smart meter. You can let them in if necessary.
4. The person you are helping can now take control of their energy
After the installation process is complete, the trained installer can show the person you are helping how their smart meter works and answer any questions.
Can I get a smart meter for free?
There is no extra cost for a smart meter or for the in-home display. You won’t have an extra charge on your bill because you choose to have a smart meter. The costs will be spread across everyone’s bills, just like the cost of running and maintaining today’s traditional meters.
How do I prepare for installation?
Your energy supplier will:
- contact you and arrange a time and date that suits you
- tell you what to expect, how long it will take and if there's anything special you need to do
You'll need to:
- be at home to let the installer in
- make sure the installer can get to your current meter – so, if it's in the cupboard under the stairs, make sure it can be accessed easily
- ensure any pets are kept out of the way
If it’s going to be a struggle to clear in front of your meters, let your energy supplier know when they book the installation.