Ainsley's Hippie Fish
Ainsley Harriott's roasted parma-wrapped halibut with sage lentils - made using 10p of energy.
Roasted Parma-wrapped halibut with sage lentils
What you’ll need:
1 stick celery
1 onion, quartered
2 tbsps olive oil
1 clove of garlic, crushed
6 sage leaves
½ teaspoon English mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 x 200g can of chopped tomatoes
225 g uncooked green lentils (pre-soaked)
150ml vegetable stock
4 slices of Parma ham or similar
4 x 175 g halibut fillets
1-2 tbsps freshly chopped parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220c/425f/Gas mark 7 and place a baking tray on the top shelf.
2. Rinse the pre-soaked uncooked green lentils and add to a saucepan of water with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, simmer until al dente (tender with a little bite) for approximately 25-30 minutes, then drain in a sieve and set aside.
3. Chop the carrot, celery and onion into small dice or blitz in a food processor for 5-10 seconds.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan, add the vegetables and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Add the crushed garlic and sage and continue to cook for a further couple of minutes.
6. Stir in the mustard, tinned tomatoes, drained lentils, vegetable stock, red wine vinegar, a pinch of sugar and season well
7. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 7 minutes.
8. Wrap a slice of Parma ham around each halibut fillet then place on the hot baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
9. Stir most of the chopped parsley into the lentils. Check seasoning then divide between 4 warm plates.
10. Top with the Parma ham, roasted halibut, a grinding of fresh black pepper and sprinkle a little parsley on top to serve.
Create your own 10p recipes
With a smart meter you can track your energy usage and create your own delicious 10p recipes at home.
Contact your energy supplier about getting your smart meter at no extra cost.