Ainsley's Rustic Turkey Bake Pie
Ainsley Harriott's tasty turkey, ham, leek and tarragon pie - made using 10p of energy.
Turkey, ham, leek and tarragon pie
What you’ll need:
500g packet rich shortcrust pastry
2 leeks finely sliced
1 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
150ml white wine
2 tbsp plain flour
150ml chicken stock
150ml single cream
Grated zest of ½ lemon
1kg cooked turkey meat, diced
500g cooked ham, diced
2 sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper
1 beaten egg to glaze pastry
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C Gas 4.
2. Heat the oil and butter over medium heat in a pan large enough for all the ingredients.
3. Add the leeks and onion and gently cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
4. Boil kettle and add 150ml boiling water to 1 stock cube.
5. Turn up the heat, add the wine and bubble down for a few minutes until reduced by half.
6. Stir in the flour until well combined.
7. Gradually stir in the stock followed by the cream and lemon zest until nice and smooth.
8. Add the turkey, ham and tarragon to the sauce and season with salt and pepper Set aside to slightly cool.
9. Place a baking tray in the oven to heat.
10. Line the base of 30x20cm rectangular pie dish/tray with two-thirds of the pastry.
11. Fill with the turkey mixture.
12. Brush the pastry edges with beaten egg.
13. Cover the filling with the remaining rolled out pastry, crimping the edges of the pastry with your fingertips to seal.
14. Trim away excess and brush with beaten egg to glaze.
15. Place on the hot tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp.
Create your own 10p recipes
With a smart meter you can track your energy usage and create your own delicious 10p recipes at home.
Contact your energy supplier about getting your smart meter at no extra cost.