ABOUT SMART ENERGY GB
Smart Energy GB is the campaign for a smarter Britain. It's our task to help everyone in Great Britain understand smart meters, the national rollout and how to use their new meters to be cleaner and greener with their energy use. Our national campaign is reaching households in England, Scotland and Wales.
OUR ROLE IN THE UPGRADE
While our job is to spread the message to everyone, we have a particular duty to make sure low-income, vulnerable and prepay customers benefit from smart meters.
We aim to:
- grow consumer awareness and understanding
- build consumer confidence in smart meters
- assist more vulnerable consumers to realise the benefits of smart meters
- reach out to support small businesses, where cost-effective
ABOUT THE ROLLOUT
The rollout of smart meters is the key to achieving a low-carbon, efficient and reliable way of providing gas and electricity to Great Britain. There are several organisations involved in the rollout, find out more about the role that each one plays.
WORKING AT SMART ENERGY GB
We're looking for exceptional people to join our multi-award winning, friendly and passionate team.
If you're excited about using your skills to help us change the future of everyone in Great Britain, please get in touch about any of the roles we're currently recruiting for. Find out more about what it's like to work with us.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENTS
As the voice of the smart meter rollout, we believe it is vital to consider our environmental impact as an organisation. We have a robust environmental management system which reflects our commitment to maximise our environmental sustainability and minimise our carbon footprint.
- Reduce our energy consumption - We use low-energy LED and motion sensor lighting, boiler taps in our kitchens and laptops instead of desktop computers.
- Keep waste to a minimum - Since 2016, our average recycling rate has been 88%. Having separate bins for glass, dry recycling and food make a big difference.
- Encourage our team to reduce their own environmental impact - We offer cycle-to-work and flexible working schemes as well as environmental awareness campaigns across our organisation.
- Engage with our office suppliers - We deal with many suppliers to keep our office running and require them to comply with the environmental terms of our code of business conduct.
- The Carbon Trust - We are delighted to have been awarded Carbon Trust Certification for our London office and have achieved a 3.5% reduction in our carbon footprint from 2016-17 to 2017-18
Our carbon footprint for 2017-18 has been measured by the Carbon Trust at 296.5 tCO2e.