FAQs - The in-home display
- Do I leave my in-home display behind when I move house?
- Yes. Your in-home display will only work with the smart meter it is securely paired with. If you're moving home, please leave your in-home display at your property so the new householder can benefit from using it.
- I've just moved in and there's a smart meter, but no separate in-home display. What do I do?
- You'll need to get in touch with your supplier as they are best placed to let you know more about the options available to you for getting a replacement in-home display. This wouldn’t involve replacing the meters, only the in-home display that would then be paired with the existing smart meter.
- I didn't want an in-home display when I got my smart meter but I've changed my mind. Can I still get one?
- If you didn't want an in-home display, but have changed your mind, you're still entitled to receive one at no extra cost for up to 12 months after your smart meter installation date. Just contact your energy supplier about being provided with one. If you've had your smart meter for longer than 12 months, ask your supplier. You may be required to pay for it.
- My in-home display has been off for some time. Can I start using it again?
- Yes. It can take a while for the meters to transfer your meter reading and tariff information back to the in-home display. We suggest waiting 24 hours before checking it. Your smart meter continues to work, even if your in-home display has turned off. Your display holds up to 13 months of data in its memory so you'll still be able to see how much energy you've used.
- My in-home display is faulty. What can I do?
Contact your energy supplier. If you've had the in-home display for less than 12 months, and the display has broken or is no longer working as it should be, your supplier should replace it free of charge. If there is evidence that the damage has been caused by you your supplier may consider applying a charge.